A water softener is the most important home appliance in the USA. So, many homeowners are asking that “what is the best water softener for Arizona” and this article is for them. Here, we are going to introduce you to the 2 best salt-based and 2 salt-free water softeners for your Arizona home. You will get detailed information that is important for buying a quality water softener. Read our reviews and buying guide to choose an appropriate one for your home.
Best Water Softener for Arizona: Quick Chart
|IMAGE||PRODUCT NAME||NOTABLE FEATURES||LATEST PRICE & INFO|
|On The Go OTG4-DBLSOF||Grain Capacity: 16000 grains|
Dimensions: 23.4 x 11 x 10.8 inches
Weight: 32 Pounds
|SEE ON AMAZON|
|Whirlpool WHES40E||Grain Capacity: 40000 grains|
Dimensions: 19 x 18 x 47.87 inches
Weight: 94.8 Pounds
|SEE ON AMAZON|
|iSpring ED2000 Electronic Descaler||Grain Capacity: Salt-free System|
Dimensions: 7 x 3.5 x 2 inches
Weight: 2 Pounds
|SEE ON AMAZON|
Reviews on Best Water softener for Arizona
Let’s scroll down and read our reviews on the best water softener for Arizona-
1. On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT-Portable 16,000 Grain RV Water Softener
- Grain Capacity: 16000 grains
- Dimensions: 23.4 x 11 x 10.8 inches
- Weight: 32 Pounds
- Warranty: 5 years on the tank and 1 year on the head
Features of 'On The Go' OTG4-DBLSOFT 16,000 Grain Water Softener
The ‘On The Go’ 16000 grain RV water softener comes with some excellent features. Let’s read our article on the best water softener for Arizona and know more about OTG4-DBLSOFT 16,000 grain water softener.
Compact and Portable Softening System
The OTG4-DBLSOFT 16,000-grain water softener is a compact softening system. The height and diameter of this water softener are respectively 22″ and 9.5″. The weight is only 42 pounds. This system is easily portable for its compact design.
Double Standard Water Softener
It is a double standard water softener and conditioner. The ‘On The Go’ compact softening system can produce twice the gallons compared to the standard water softener available on the market. It’s also the largest RV softener in the US market.
360-degree Swivel Head
The head of this RV water softener is the 360-degree swivel. So, you can connect or disconnect the unit without moving the whole softener system.
Travel-Friendly Cap and Plug
This water softening system features a travel-friendly cap and plug. You can install them when traveling to ensure no trouble.
The wide mouth makes the salt adding easy. Because, it allows you to refill the system without suffering and waste.
Easy to Install and Use
The ‘On The Go’ 16000 grain RV water softener comes ready to use. The unit is pre-loaded with salt and resin beads so that you can install or use it easily. The containing resin beads last up to 10 years.
Pros of On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT Water Softener
- Compact and portable water softening system
- 360° swivel head for easy connection
- Quick and efficient regeneration system takes only 30 minutes
- Wide mouth for pouring the salt easily
- No tools required to assemble and maintain the system
- Comes with test strips so that you can know the hardness level of your home water easily
Cons of On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT Water Softener
- Features no sediment filter
- No warning system before regeneration
2. Whirlpool WHES40E 40,000 Grain Salt Saving Water Softener
- Grain Capacity: 40000 grains
- Dimensions: 19 x 18 x 47.87 inches
- Weight: 94.8 Pounds
- Warranty: 1-year parts and labor warranty, 10-years on the tank, and 3-years on the electronics
Most Popular and Well-known Brand
Whirlpool is the most popular and well-known brand all over the world. The Whirlpool WHES40E 40,000 Grain is a great water softener unit.
Compact Water Softener Unit
This WHES40E 40,000 Grain water softener is also a compact softener unit. So, it takes a small space compared to other water softeners available on the market. Most of the water softeners use separate resin and salt tanks. On the other hand, Whirlpool WHES40E 40,000 uses compact resin and salt tank in one unit. And, this softening unit saves much space.
Perfect for Iron Contaminated Well Water Treatment
Iron contamination is the most common problem for well water users. So, choose a water softener that also has the capacity of removing iron. And, you will be happy knowing the Whirlpool WHES40E 40,000 grain water softener removes iron up to 10 ppm. It is one of the best water softeners for Arizona homes.
Made in USA Water Softener
All the Whirlpool water softeners are designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA. So, there is no doubt about its quality.
NSF Certified Product
Whirlpool WHES40E is also certified by the National Science Foundation(NSF) of the USA. So, why are you thinking so much? Just buy this product confidently and use it year after year.
Excellent Warranty and Technical Support
Whirlpool WHES40E 40,000 grain water softener comes with 1-year parts and labor warranty. But, you can extend it to 2 years. For that, you have to buy 3-bottles of Whirlpool WHEWSC water softener cleanser.
Pros of Whirlpool WHES40E 40,000 Grain Water Softener
- Built-in the USA
- Uses most efficient salt-saving technology
- Space-saving single tank design
- Nice outlook
- Features low salt indicating light
- All parts and installation instructions included
- Provides full 1-year warranty and excellent helpline service
Cons of Whirlpool WHES40E 40,000 Grain Water Softener
- Some users claim that the bypass valves leak after using some months
3. iSpring ED2000 Alternative ElectronicWater Descaler System
- Grain Capacity: Salt-free System
- Dimensions: 7 x 3.5 x 2 inches
- Weight: 2 Pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
Important Features of iSpring ED2000 Whole House Water Descaler
Here are some notable features of the iSpring ED2000 whole house water softener-
Patented Water Conditioning Method
The iSpring ED2000 uses a patented water conditioning method. This water softener creates electromagnetic waves to break down water molecules. So that, the new state of the water molecule carries the hard mineral ions and removes the hard water effects.
Salt-free Water Conditioner
Many research shows that hard water is not harmful to our bodies. A salt-based water softener removes all the useful minerals from drinking water. On the other hand, a salt-free water softener or conditioner removes only bad effects, not useful minerals.
The iSpring ED2000 Whole House Water Descaler takes small space for its compact design. it weighs only 2 pounds and its dimensions are 7 x 3.5 x 2 inches. So don’t worry about installing the best water softener for your Arizona home.
Environmentally friendly Water softening System
Nowadays, most people are conscious about the environment and they want to use environmentally friendly products. You know, the iSpring ED2000 doesn’t produce waste or salty water that harms the environment.
Advantages of iSpring ED2000 Whole House Water Descaler
- Cost-effective water conditioning system
- Suitable water softener for low sodium diet
- Doesn’t remove beneficial minerals from water
- No plumbing tools and maintenance required
- No regeneration
Disadvantages of iSpring ED2000 Whole House Water Descaler
- For removing high iron it needs a pre-filter
- Not good for very hard water
Consideration of Buying the Best Water Softener for Arizona
You should consider some important factors before buying the best water softener for your Arizona home. Let’s know-
Source of Your Home Water
Hardness Level of Water
Determine the hardness level before buying a water softener for your home. Because, it will help you to choose the appropriate softening system for your family. There are many ways to test the hardness level of water. However, it is the best way to test water hardness in the lab.
Water softeners come in different features and sizes. The pricing of a water softener depends on its features and size. A standard water softener may cost you from $600 to $4000. You should find out a water softener that works for your budget.
Benefits of Having the Best Water Softener for Your Arizona Home
A Water Softener will Save Your Money
A water softener will cost you $500 to $1000 at a time. But finally, it will save much more. Let’s know how a water softener can save your money-
- The hard water is rich in calcium and magnesium minerals. And, these minerals deposit when water flows into the pipes. However, a water softener removes hard-causing minerals and saves your valuable plumbing pipe from clogging.
- The deposition of hard minerals reduces the lifetime of home appliances. Having the best water softener for your Arizona home can extend the lifetime of dishes and instruments. And that way it will save you money.
Removes Unwanted Taste and Odors from Drinking Water
Both city and well-water can have unwanted tastes and odors. However, a water softener can eliminate bad tastes and odors. So, most of the peoples like drinking soften water.
You will Get Softer Skin and Shiny Hairs
Not only into the plumbing pipes and on appliances, but hard-causing minerals also deposit on our hair and skin. It makes the skin dry and hair dull. To get softer skin and shiny hair, you need the best water softener for your Arizona home.
For Brighter Clothes
Hard water reduces the brightness of your clothes in every wash. So, keep the brilliancy of your clothes by using a water softener.
Different Types of Water Treatment System
Water softeners are those water treatment systems that can soften water by eliminating hard-causing minerals. These water softening systems use sodium or potassium chloride salt to remove calcium or magnesium (hard-causing minerals) ions. They are also known as ion-exchange water softeners.
Ion-exchange water softener also features resin beads. The resin beads attract mineral ions and exchange them with sodium ions. After using a certain period, the resin beads need regeneration to work again efficiently. This process happens process works continuously and we get soften water.
The water conditioners are known as salt-free water softeners. These conditioning systems use different methods and techniques to eliminate hard water effects. Some of them use media to crystalize or coat the minerals. The minerals can’t attach to any surface after coating. If you need the best water softener for Arizona, then a salt-free system/conditioner could be the better choice.
Water Filters/ Purifier
The water filters are the best option for those who are using pre-treated or city water. Pre-treated water may contains chlorine or other chemicals. A water filter is capable to remove all types of chemicals, microbes, and other impurities.
These water filters use semi-permeable membranes to eliminate toxins or other impurities. But keep in mind that, these filtration systems can’t soften water.
Best Water Softener for Arizona: Types of Water Softeners
Mainly, there are two types of water softeners are available on the market. One of them is salt-based and another is a salt-free water softener system. Let’s know more-
Salt-Based Water Softener
The salt-based water softeners are also known as ion-exchange softening systems. These water softening systems use salt to remove hard minerals from water. It’s the traditional way to soften water and we suggest it as the best water softener for Arizona.
Advantages of Salt-based Water Softener
- Hard minerals can damage valuable appliances and plumbing systems. The salt-based water softener removes hard minerals from water and protects valuable appliances and plumbing systems.
- A salt-based water softener eliminates both calcium and magnesium that make the water hard. On the other hand, a non-salt water softener can’t remove any hard-causing minerals.
- These water softeners use resin beads and the typical life of resin is 10 years.
- Another advantage of salt-based water softeners is their longevity. The average lifetime of a salt-based water softener is 20 years and it’s great.
Disadvantages of Salt-based Water Softener
- The salt-based water softeners flush salty water to the ground when they regenerate. It harms both animals and plants.
- These softening systems need regular maintenance. Regular adding salt is also costly.
- The regeneration cycle is long and wastes a lot of water.
- Can’t remove chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, or microbes from water.
Salt-free Water Softener
The salt-free water softeners don’t use salt. They also don’t eliminate any hard minerals from water. They remove only hard water effects. These salt-free water softeners change the physical properties of hard minerals and transform them into crystal form. Some non-salt water softeners coat the hard-causing minerals so that they cannot be attached to any surface.
Advantages of Salt-free Water Softener
- One-time cost and doesn’t require the addition of salt.
- Needs no or less maintenance.
- It’s an environmentally friendly water softening system. These water softening systems don’t use salt, so there is no way to harm the environment.
- Keeps useful minerals in the drinking water.
- The salt-free water softener removes chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, odors, and microbes efficiently.
Disadvantages of Salt-free Water Softener
- A salt-free water softener uses different media to coat or crystalize hard minerals. This media is expensive.
How to Install the Best Whirlpool Water Softener? (Video)
What is the Best Water Softener for Arizona?- Conclusion
All the products we have listed in this article are tested properly. If you want a water softener then a salt-based one will be better for you. Thanks for reading our article on the best water softener for Arizona. If this article is useful, then share it with your friends.